Embedded Software Engineer – Wireless Router
Ositech has been developing innovative mobile communication solutions for past 25+ years. We specialize in wireless communication products for applications in the healthcare industry. Ositech is an ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 certified company.
We have requirement for a Software Engineer to join our wireless router development team. You will be working in the team developing required software involving identification, analysis and resolution of complex software issues employing agile methodology to deliver the end to end solution.
If you thrive in a small fast paced environment that provides opportunities to make key decisions, desire to be involved from the start of the project to introduction into manufacturing and want to put your mark on the product, then this could be the opportunity for you.
- Hands-on development of Wireless Cellular Routers from grounds up based on OpenWRT
- Integrating various OpenWRT add-on packages required for basic and advanced networking features
- Development and integration of a user-friendly local configuration UI for the wireless routers
- Development and integration of required software to interface with backend servers for cloud-based configuration and management
- Have 2-5 years current hands on expertise with OpenWRT based routers
- Have expertise in adding-in and verifying OpenWRT additional services such as SNMP, VPN Tunnels, QoS, DDNS, DMZ, GPS and Captive Portal
- Have expertise in embedded systems development, including cross-platform development and build tools (GNU toolchain, OpenWRT, buildroot, Yocto), bootloaders (U-Boot, coreboot, UEFI), kernel configuration, device drivers, device trees.
- Strong background in C/C++
- Expertise in Linux Kernel development, including board support packages and device drivers
- Have strong systems and networking foundational knowledge (systems architecture, memory hierarchy, storage subsystems, LANs, routing).
- Strong background in IPv4 and IPv6 TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of hardware architectures, able to read and follow schematic drawings and understand component data sheets.
- Are comfortable using network protocol analyzers, logic analyzers, hardware debuggers, and source-level debuggers to tackle problems at all layers of the stack.
- Very creative and innovative thinker in all areas of system design and debugging.
- Solid communication, interpersonal, teamwork, analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Working knowledge of configuring and managing cellular radios
- Current experience in u-boot development
- Highly organized, keeping work area clutter free
- Detail oriented
- Committed to completing tasks on agreed upon timelines
- Desire to own the product
- Out of the box thinking
- Can do attitude
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Eagerness to take on new assignments
- Good English written and oral skills
Ositech offers comprehensive benefits consisting of a generous hospitalization, drugs, dental and life insurance package.
If you have the background, experience requirements and personal qualities mentioned above then send your resume by email to:
Soar to New Heights
No One Can Predict,
To What Heights You Can Soar.
Even You – Will Not Know,
Until You Spread Your Wings.